I am a Big 4 qualified accountant from Ireland (ICAI). In addition, I have a Masters and Degree in Accounting with overall grades of 2.1.
I have 5 years of strong accounting and auditing experience (3 years in Deloitte Ireland and 2 years in leading Travel companies). My specialist area of tutoring is accounting with strong knowledge of, however not limited to:
1. Revenue recognition including accrued and deferred revenue
2. A-levels accounting
3. Double entry book-keeping concepts
4. Identifying and accounting for impairments
5. Cash flows, income statement and balance sheet preparation
6. Adjustments to income statements and balance sheets
7. Interpretation and commentary of financial statements
8. External and internal audit methodologies such as risk assessment, audit procedures, ethics etc.
I have a strong understanding of financial accounting, internal and external audit and book-keeping and can teach these subjects at various levels such as A levels, undergraduate, post graduate etc.
My style of teaching is unique whereby I assess the students’ strengths and weaknesses and develop a tailor-made study plan for them to ensure they have a strong grasp of the subject. Furthermore, I concentrate on exam papers and exam technique as with accounting it is practice, practice, practice.
In addition, I offer students with career advice as I have undergone the training in a Big 4 firm. I can tell students exactly what to expect, what exemptions they might get and how to build their careers.