I was born and educated in Brazil and I have also studied Portuguese Literature, Brazilian Literature, British Literature and North American Literature, besides Latin, French, German, Spanish and Italian.
I work as English and Portuguese Teacher (BA in Arts – 1987), and I am also a highly skilled professional translator/interpreter (Portuguese/English) with many years of experience.
Having taught across a variety of levels and modules of the Portuguese language in schools in Brazil and with a deep interest in Portuguese language and culture, including my participation on the Implementation of ‘Escola-Padrão’ Project (an educational project that aimed at creating a new organizational model for the Public Schools in Brazil), I believe my knowledge and experience will greatly add to the development of your studies.
Among my skills I would like to point out the following:
• Preparing lively learning activities to make students able to build up their language skills through which they may be able to consolidate language structures, vocabulary, and pronunciation
• Motivating students to grow both academically and professionally
• Helping students with their Individual Education Plans
• Determining individual student needs in order to assist them overcome their language difficulties in a multi-cultural environment
• Developing learning strategies that enable students to gain access to their professional lives
• Integrating students into new communication technologies (Internet) for learning purposes
• Tutoring non-Portuguese speaking students and other interested parties to communicate and enhance their knowledge about other cultures
• Applying GCSE examinations
As a competent, caring, responsible, trustworthy and committed teacher, I do believe I have an ability to meet the needs of those interested in learning a lively language such as Portuguese.
In London I also work as Court Interpreter and NHS Interpreter.
• Educated to a degree level
• Ability to work efficiently in a multi-lingual service environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Result focused
• Creative thinker
• Good organisational skills
• Excellent checking, formatting and proofreading skills
• Proactive attitude
• Very good computer literacy