I am A mathematics graduate with lots of experience in private tutoring. I am passionate about my subjects and dedicated to seeing students do well. I have enjoyed over 6 years as a private tutor teaching students from 10+ to University level and plan on continuing for the foreseeable future.
I was privileged enough to attend a top high school in the UK to help me achieve the top grades in my favourite subjects the sciences. I originally decided to take on tutoring as an opportunity to share my knowledge with others and allow them to realise their full potential and all the other benefits of a good education.
I find tutoring a truly satisfying profession due to the profound improvements which can be brought about in a student’s academic attainment. It has also been great to build long lasting working relationships with students, students learn better from people they like and I can honestly say I have gotten along very well with all of my students. Many of my students feel comfortable enough to contact me for help outside of lesson time and also remain in contact once at university or even in the work place. I think this is definitely indicative of the positive atmosphere in my lessons and also the mutual respect which is built during them.
The main thing I have learned throughout all my experiences is that every person is different and had different ways of taking in imformation and learning new ideas. It is my job to find out how this person best reches their potential. This is something I have proven to be extremely good at and i cannot wait for the next challenge of doing this to begin.
Five main factors have contributed to my success so far,
- I have high expectations of myself and my students, I believe every student can achieve the best grades with the right help
- I instil confidence and a “can do” attitude in students, regularly reminding them that nothing is “hard” if you have been shown how to do it properly
- I listen to students, this keeps lessons interactive and ensures I have constant updates on their thought process and current understanding
- I am relatively young so students feel comfortable engaging with me and enjoy learning from me
- I ensure continuous support for students, I make myself available for questions via phone or e-mail throughout the day to ensure the support does not end at the end of the lesson!
- Academic Year 2011 - 2012 I helped a student who was predicted a C grade at GCSE to achieve an A* in GCSE mathematics.
- Academic Year 2013 - 2014 I helped a foregin student who spoke little English pass her mathematics entrance exams to her desired high school.
- Academic Year 2014 – 2015 I helped a student had two GCSE maths students both of whom achieved A* grades. One of which improved from a C to an A* between January and June.
- Academic Year 2015- 2016 I spent the summer looking after a man with disabillities whilst trying to improve his basic skills including mathematics.
-Academic year 2015- 2016 I have made a number of videos/tutorials that help to teach concepts in mathematics which i am excited to use as methods of teaching for my next student.
- Academic Year 2016 – 2017 I helped a student who struggled with basic mathematical concepts pass her numerical applitude tests in order to recieve a place on teach first training course.
- Academic year 2017- 2018 I am helping many more students this year achieve their grades. I have also made a number of very useful videos to help with solutions to difficult problems.