EDUCATION: Cambridge University (Emmanuel College) & St Mary’s Ascot
2012 - 2015 -- BA HONS (2.i) - Classics
2014 - 2015 -- Part II Classics
2012 - 2014 -- Part IA and Part IB (including Emmanuel College award for exam results)
2012 -- A Levels – Latin (A*) Greek (A*) English Literature (A*) Theatre Studies (A*)
2011 -- AS Levels – Latin (A) Greek (A) English Literature (A) Theatre Studies (A) Politics (A)
2010 -- 11 GCSEs (all at A*) – English Language, English Literature, Core Science, Further Science, Mathematics, History, Religious Studies, French, Latin, Greek, Drama
ATTAINMENTS AND INTERESTS:
2014 - 2015 -- President of the Cambridge University Musical Theatre Society (managing a budget of £14,000)
2013 - 2014 -- Cambridge University Emmanuel College Prize for Academic Excellence in Classics
2012 - 2014 -- Emmanuel College Choral Scholarship
2011 - 2012 -- Grade 8 Piano, and Distinction at Grade 8 Singing
2009 - 2010 -- UK 2010 Maths Challenge-Gold Award
2015 -- Part-time Tutor
• Working as a part-time tutor, with 'Titanium Tutors' and 'Griffin & Bell' agencies.
• Fulfilling 60+ hours of one-on-one tutoring experience, teaching both Latin and Greek from Common Entrance level to GCSE.
2007 - 2009 -- English Teaching Assistant (DogoDogo Street Children Centre, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania)
• Managing and teaching groups of up to 40 boys, most of whom only spoke Kiswahili.
• Carrying out more focused work with smaller groups of 5-10 boys, using a variety interactive teaching techniques.
2014 -- St Christopher’s Hospice (Sydenham)
• Volunteer work helping patients in the hospitality area
• Helping patients at meal times and during art classes
2013 - 2015 -- ADC Theatre/Cambridge Corpus Playroom (Duty Manager).
• On-site leading managerial authority
• Responsibilities including steward training, efficient running of the building and productions, and recording all movements of money using Microsoft Excel.
2013 - 2015 -- Treasurer and then President of Cambridge University Musical Theatre Society
• Managing society accounts and budgets for individual shows
• Managing and leading a committee of 8 members
• Making all executive decisions for the society
• Recruited and managed over 40 students and staff for two large gala events
2013 -- Logistics Manager (Emmanuel College May Ball)
• Responsible for health and safety for entirety of ball, including set-up and shutdown
• On-site contact for St John’s Ambulance team
• Responsible for immediate first aid
• Responsible for all risk assessments
2012 -- Secretary for Royal Society of Literature
• Responsible for keeping membership database accessible and up to date.
• In charge of extensive paperwork for a short story competition.
2011 -- Administrative Intern at the Mercy Corps Action Centre to End World Hunger (New York)
• Completed extensive administrative work
• Hosted tours of the centre for groups of visitors
• Planned and assisted with activities and lessons for large groups of young children