KS3 SATs Prep Writing Test - Introduction
August 07, 2015
An introduction to the KS3 SATs writing test. 1 of 10 power point presentations preparing students for the KS3 Writing Paper.
Students are introduced to:
- The 12 writing styles (the writing triplets):
- Imagine, explore, entertain
- Inform, explain, describe
- Analyse, comment, advise
- Persuade, argue, advise
- Intorducing PAF, purpose, audience and format
- What students are marked on: PAF, paragraphs, spelling and punctuation
- Student identifying their own areas of expertise and what are their common mistakes?
- Writing paper format
- The idea of writing for the appropriate audience and in the required format e.g. how to write a letter, a blog post, an article, a diary entry or a speech etc.
Resources others found helpful
This section explains what specific learning disorders are and describes some of their key features
How a practice-based coaching session can help overcome the barriers to a perfect presentation