Intro about Dyslexia
May 04, 2016
- The word 'dyslexia' literally means 'difficulty with words'.
- It is a lifelong, usually genetic, inherited condition and affects around 10% of the population.
- Dyslexia occurs in people of all races, backgrounds and abilities, and varies from person to person: no two people will have the same set of strengths and weaknesses.
- Dyslexia occurs independently of intelligence.
- Dyslexia is really about information processing: dyslexic people may have difficulty processing and remembering information they see and hear. This can affect learning and the acquisition of literacy skills.
- Dyslexia is one of a family of Specific Learning Difficulties. It often co-occurs with related conditions, such as dyspraxia, dyscalculia and attention deficit disorder.
- On the plus side, dyslexic people often have strong visual, creative and problem solving skills and are prominent among entrepreneurs, inventors, architects, engineers and in the arts and entertainment world. Many famous and successful people are dyslexic.
Resources others found helpful
This sit is available for different levels. It will help the student to increase his level with collaboration of the tutor
To help students of Shakespeare understand the power of iambic pentameter.