Beginners Music Homework Book
August 04, 2015
This homework booklet is perfect for year 6/7 music students, or beginners learning to play an instrument!
The homework book includes 7 homework sheets. Each homework sheet explains the topic first, and then has a small exercise at the end.
The following topics are covered in this music workbook:
Music note names
- Explains music note symbols, staves from notes A to G.
- An exercise labelling each note in a musical piece
- Worksheet about the treble clef, bar lines, double bar lines and time signature.
- Practise drawing a treble clef
- An exercise labelling the musical symbols in a musical piece
- Outlines the different note types: Semibreve, Minim, Crochet, Quaver and Semi-quaver
- Explains how many beats each symbol represents and compares them in a chart
- An exercise comparing notes and their values
- Explains “joined quavers” and “joined semi quavers”.
- A composition exercise, the student must label each note A to G and note how many beats each note is worth
- Explains different types of rests e.g. Semibreve rest and what each looks like
- Practise drawing each type of rest
- Practice writing the length of each rest
- Explains time signatures, bars and crochet beats
- Explains how to calculate the number of crochet beats in a bar
- An exercise calculating the crochet beats in a bar
Keys on the piano
- Notes names and piano keys
- Intro to sharps and flats and their symbols
- Exercise working out the number of notes in an octave.
Sharps and flats
- How to work out sharps and flats on the piano keys
- Intro to sharps, sound = higher, flats, sound = lower
- Sharps and flats sound exercise
- Intro to musical vocabulary through a matching game!
I hope you and/or your students enjoy these music worksheets at home.
Resources others found helpful
Signs and symptoms that suggest dyslexia in teenagers and adults
This resource is good for those who want to be directed to other sources of useful reliable information.