Beginners Music Homework Book
August 04, 2015
This homework booklet is perfect for year 6/7 music students, or beginners learning to play an instrument!
The homework book includes 7 homework sheets. Each homework sheet explains the topic first, and then has a small exercise at the end.
The following topics are covered in this music workbook:
Music note names
- Explains music note symbols, staves from notes A to G.
- An exercise labelling each note in a musical piece
- Worksheet about the treble clef, bar lines, double bar lines and time signature.
- Practise drawing a treble clef
- An exercise labelling the musical symbols in a musical piece
- Outlines the different note types: Semibreve, Minim, Crochet, Quaver and Semi-quaver
- Explains how many beats each symbol represents and compares them in a chart
- An exercise comparing notes and their values
- Explains “joined quavers” and “joined semi quavers”.
- A composition exercise, the student must label each note A to G and note how many beats each note is worth
- Explains different types of rests e.g. Semibreve rest and what each looks like
- Practise drawing each type of rest
- Practice writing the length of each rest
- Explains time signatures, bars and crochet beats
- Explains how to calculate the number of crochet beats in a bar
- An exercise calculating the crochet beats in a bar
Keys on the piano
- Notes names and piano keys
- Intro to sharps and flats and their symbols
- Exercise working out the number of notes in an octave.
Sharps and flats
- How to work out sharps and flats on the piano keys
- Intro to sharps, sound = higher, flats, sound = lower
- Sharps and flats sound exercise
- Intro to musical vocabulary through a matching game!
I hope you and/or your students enjoy these music worksheets at home.
Resources others found helpful
A glimpse into HTML
English Language Paper 1 sample paper and my Level 9 / A* response to all questions.