Russian adverbs "ещё" and "уже"
February 11, 2016
Из жизни (Eez zhizni - From real life:))
"Ты еще не готОва?" (Ty yeshchyO ne gatOva? - Are you not ready yet?)
Time in the Russian language is described with the help of the adverbs ещё (yet in negation, or still) and уже (already).
The adverb ещё can mean that:
• a process has not started yet;
• the desired result has not been achieved so far;
• an action which was to have finished at the moment of speech is still going on.
The adverb уже can mean that:
• a process has finished;
• the result has been achieved;
• there is already another action under way at the moment of speech.
Resources others found helpful
Revision sheet for students to carry on with for iGCSE (and GCSE) Biology.
Learn the essential aspects of Hamlet, including characters, themes and the plot in this simplified revision guide!