7 + interview questions King's College School Wimbledon
November 28, 2015
The following are some questions from a recent interview (November 2015)
- Tell me about your family
- What do you do in your spare time?
- If you had £10 where would you go on holiday?
- What are you reading at the moment?
- Tell me about your current school
- What is your favourite subject?
- Read this passage out - (see King's papers for idea of level https://www.kcs.org.uk/sites/default/files/page/2552/Group%20A%20%287%2B%29%20Specimen%20English%20Paper%202013.pdf)
- Read out this list of words - (see above for level of words expected)
- The interview was conducted by one teacher and the student was paired with another student. They were asked questions individually
- Look at the materials on the website to give you an idea of what reading / vocab is expected
- This interview about personality / likeability as much as anything else. The student should be coming across as someone who the school want to teach
- Before interview, get the student to write down a list of all their achievements / things they are good at. Then use these examples in the interview!
- Body language, speed / clarity of speech is very important so be sure to practice this. For example, an answer should go on for no more than 20 seconds
- Role playing the questions can be good. Get the student to interview you!
- Success in interview is not guarantee of a place!
- See a separate resource for 'model' answers to some of these questions
- Watch out for trick questions (holiday for £10)
- When interviewed with another person, make sure the student doesn't just copy what has just been said!
Resources others found helpful
Revision sheet for students to carry on with for iGCSE (and GCSE) Biology.
To help students of Shakespeare understand the power of iambic pentameter.