7 + interview questions King's College School Wimbledon
November 28, 2015
The following are some questions from a recent interview (November 2015)
- Tell me about your family
- What do you do in your spare time?
- If you had £10 where would you go on holiday?
- What are you reading at the moment?
- Tell me about your current school
- What is your favourite subject?
- Read this passage out - (see King's papers for idea of level https://www.kcs.org.uk/sites/default/files/page/2552/Group%20A%20%287%2B%29%20Specimen%20English%20Paper%202013.pdf)
- Read out this list of words - (see above for level of words expected)
- The interview was conducted by one teacher and the student was paired with another student. They were asked questions individually
- Look at the materials on the website to give you an idea of what reading / vocab is expected
- This interview about personality / likeability as much as anything else. The student should be coming across as someone who the school want to teach
- Before interview, get the student to write down a list of all their achievements / things they are good at. Then use these examples in the interview!
- Body language, speed / clarity of speech is very important so be sure to practice this. For example, an answer should go on for no more than 20 seconds
- Role playing the questions can be good. Get the student to interview you!
- Success in interview is not guarantee of a place!
- See a separate resource for 'model' answers to some of these questions
- Watch out for trick questions (holiday for £10)
- When interviewed with another person, make sure the student doesn't just copy what has just been said!
Resources others found helpful
An in-depth look at how to persuade and argue effectively, using the "AFOREST" list of persuasive techniques.
Recommended reading for Years 6 and 7 (ages 9-12)