Primary Logic Problems
August 13, 2015
Puzzle 1- Art Life
At a recent painting competition:
- Phoebe’s rendition of a Turner was not last
- Jenny only just managed to avoid last place and came third
- The lady who painted a Monet was very successful and took first place
- Azza beat the lady who painted the Dali
- The lady who painted the Van Gogh beat Beverley.
Who painted what; who won?
Puzzle 2- Top Tunes
For Christmas, six brothers and sisters received CDs as presents. The albums were by Lady Gaga, Oasis, Justin Timberlake, Take That, Mozart and Katy Perry.
- Sam chose a CD by a solo female artist
- Chris did not chose Take That
- Alexis hates pop music but got the album she wanted
- Ozzie chose a solo singer
- Jan chose a female singer, but not Lady Gaga
- Ashton and Chris both chose CDs by bands
Who received which CD?
Puzzle 3- Ready, Steady, Slow!
At a recent snail race, the competitors had their shells painted to distinguish each racer.
The first four snails did well to finish ahead of the opposition:
- Sammy was not fourth
- The snail with a blue shell was not third
- Suzie was before the snail with a green shell
- Cedric came first
- Suzie finished before Sammy
- Super Star had a red shell
- Suzie did not have a yellow shell
What order did the snails finish? What colour were their shells?
1st: Azza painted Monet
2nd: Phoebe painted Turner
3rd: Janet painted Van Gogh
4th: Beverley painted Dali
Ashton - Take That
Sam - Lady Gaga
Chris - Oasis
Alexis - Motzart
Ozzie - Justin Timberlake
Jan - Katy Perry
Resources others found helpful
Find a quick summary of the Love and Relationships anthology, and what you need to know on form, language and structure!
Revision sheet for students to carry on with for iGCSE (and GCSE) Biology.