Supporting the Dyslexic Learner
November 30, 2019
Children with dyslexia may learn differently from you. We will cover how to recognise different learning profiles, multisensory learning, age-appropriate reading matter and tools, note taking, mindmapping, making numeracy more visual and how to gather evidence that a child needs help and support.
There will be six sessions on Thursday mornings 10.00am to 12.00am
1. What is Dyslexia and Exam Arrangements - 30th January
2. Learning Styles - 6th February
3. Reading Skills - 13th February
BREAK FOR HALF TERM
4. Study Skills - 27th February
5. Writing Skills - 5th March
6. Developing and Supporting Numeracy Skills - 12th March
Each session costs £20 or £100 for all six sessions (email email@example.com to register for six sessions).
Resources others found helpful
2 x worksheets for teaching homonyms (words with two+ meanings). Useful for 11+ exam prep, vocab expansion, and creative writing lessons.
To help students of Shakespeare understand the power of iambic pentameter.