The Government recently announced changes made to the arrangements for exams and formal assessments. We've tried to compile any helpful information below.
You can view the guidance provided by gov.uk here: Student guide to exams and formal assessments in 2021 to 2022
What are the changes being made?
Some changes being made to GCSE, AS and A levels:
- Changes to coursework: Adjustments to non-exam assessment and fieldwork requirements
- Support materials: Some exams will provide and equation sheets so students won’t have to memorise as much
- Generous grading: Exams will be graded more generously
- Advance information: Information on the focus of exams will be provided by exam boards to help students revise
- Optional content: Less content or fewer topics for students to learn in some GCSEs
When will exams take place?
GCSE, AS and A level exams will be held between 16 May and 28 June 2022. You can view specific details on the exam boards’ websites:
When will students receive their results?
- A level and AS results Thursday 18 August 2022
- GCSE results Thursday 25 August 2022
Please be aware that some of this information may be subject to change therefore, you should contact either your school, examination centre or the government website for the latest educational updates and a subject by subject guide to all the changes.